Check out the webpage for more info: http://www.umcor.org/UMCOR/Relief-Supplies/Relief-Supply-Kits/Cleaning
We are assembling cleaning supply buckets that will be stored until the need arises,
making it possible to immediately respond to those in need after a disaster.
We plan to keep a replenished supply of buckets in our inventory so that we are ready to respond .
Cleaning Kit Materials
- 1 5-Gallon “Round” bucket with resealable lid. Buckets from fast-food restaurants or bakeries can be used if washed and cleaned. Do not use buckets that have stored chemicals such as paint or pool cleaner. Advertisements on the outside are acceptable. No square buckets (Only round buckets are used to ensure proper stacking during transport)
- Liquid laundry detergent One 50-oz. or two 25-oz. bottle(s) only
- Liquid household cleaner 12‐16 oz. liquid cleaner that can be mixed with water. No spray cleaners
- Dish soap 16-28 oz. bottle, any brand
- 50 Clothespins
- Clothesline One 100-ft. or two 50-ft. lines, cotton or plastic
- 7 Sponges. No cellulose sponges due to mold issues. Remove from packaging
- 24-Roll heavy-duty trash bags 33-45 gallon sizes. Remove from the box
- 18 Cleaning wipes, handi-wipes or reusable wipes. No terry cleaning towels. Remove from packaging
- 1 Can air freshener aerosol or pump
- 1 Insect-repellent spray 6-14 oz. aerosol or spray pump with protective cover
- 2 Pairs kitchen dishwashing gloves. Should be durable enough for multiple uses. Remove from packaging
- 1 Pair work gloves, all Cotton, all leather and/or cotton with leather palm
- 5 Scouring pads. Remove from wrapper. No stainless steel, Brillo pads or SOS pads (nothing w/ soap built in)
- 1 Scrub brush plastic or wood handle
- 5 Dust masks
Place all liquid items in the bucket first. Place remaining items in the bucket fitting them around and between the liquid items. Sponges, scouring pads, clothespins and trash bags can be separated in order to fit all of the items in the bucket. Ensure the lid is closed securely.
All items must be new except for the actual bucket and lid. All cleaning agents must be liquid and in plastic containers. No powders, please.
If you cannot find the requested size of a liquid item, use a smaller size. Including larger sizes of any item will prevent the lid from sealing.